JULY 26th Update: Our fields are bare~
Time to order your dried Sweet Lavender for all your projects and events.
PLUS* with all this recent heat the scent of our dry 2015 Harvest is amazing!
Order your Lavender soon~
...We are shipping Lavender bundles now: Violet Intrigue, Hidcote purple, Ashdowne Forest blue, French Maillette blue & Melissa pink that dries white...plus a small amount of longer White or Blue Spike & Provence Blue Lavandin. Any variety...$6 each + shipping if needed. NEXT: Screening for loose Lavender flowers...Our $10 packages hold 3 cups for baking or crafts. ***NEW this year*** Strewing Lavender for bridal pathways! This is all the loose bits from brushing off the blooms & the bottom of the gathering sheets...$25 a big brown bag.
For orders please call Lynda at 250-474-5767 or email email@example.com to arrange pick up or to ship, as the farm does not have public hours this Summer. Thank you!
Meanwhile, try this!
*Lavender-Berry Ice Cream*
- Gently heat the milk and fresh Lavender together.
Do not boil. Steep 5 minutes.
- Strain out the Lavender & stir in the salt & sugar while still hot.
- Stir in vanilla extract & cream.
- Chill immediately, minimum 2 hours.
…Note* if you plan to use an ice cream maker: Process as your ice cream maker directs now and skip to step 7…
- Pour mixture into a stainless steel bowl and place in your freezer.
- Every 15 minutes, whisk or beat until icy or thickened.
- In the last few minutes of processing by hand, or machine; add crushed ½ cup fresh berries. YUM!
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 handful fresh Sweet Lavender flowers
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups light cream
Update: May 2015
Due to family injury from a truck accident; the Farm, Nursery & Shop are now closed for public hours. Look for ALL our beautiful baby Tomatoes & ALL our great Scented Geraniums at Brentwood Bay Nursery. Call Robin @ 250-652-1507 AND Look for ALL our lovely Lavender plants at Damali Lavender @ Cobble Hill. Call Marsha or Dave @ 250-743-4100
For our 2015 dry Lavender please call LYNDA 250-474-5767 OR email us: firstname.lastname@example.org